2009/05/01

Federal Hall - 220 years celebration



Federal Hall National memorial


After eating lunch, I went to Federal Hall near my office. There are two special exhibitions about two of the most popular American presidents : George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
This year(2009) is 200 years celebration of Lincoln's birthday (2/12/1809)
I joined the free tour, only me and the tour guide- EL.Hopper. He explained detailed of this historic building for me. I felt abundant history in this just 200- year-old country.
George Washington was inaugurated as the first president of the United Stateds on April 30 1789 in front of this building. He not only leaded the Americans defeated the British army but also established many customs and usages for the new government. He made me think of our national father-Sun Yat Sen.

沒有留言: