2008/12/19

New Change

photo in NY
http://picasaweb.google.com.tw/alicehua0512/AliceInNY#

12.17
Join volunteer and member training, it is worthy.
IYA, from Russia, taught me a lot. Child before 12year can learn second language without foreign accent. She is temperately out of job, so she came here to be volunteer. What a good virtue American has. Actually, she knows how to learn English and what a foreigner in America needs to know and needs to be corrected, because she had experience when she was seven.
She is good at pop slang, even the teacher recommends her to be a slang teacher.
She suggested me to watch TV show to imitate the pronunciation, and use i-pod to download songs and some free programs.
We learn and teach to each other and exchange our experiences for learn foreign language.

I found a Good Spanish food restaurant between 23st. & 6 ave. i ordered homemade Quesadilla, with three different sauces, is very delicious.

12.18
Go to banana republic to buy pants (80% off), one of the clerk heard I am from Taiwan said: when she travelled in Europe, a Taiwanese girl became her friends in the journey. It makes me feel warm.

Hazel and I went to “the food emporium” and ate our dinner inside. It has many foods I used to cook and eat in England. I like midtown more than flushing, it makes me feel I am in a foreign country, not in China town. Then we became the members of this store.

Lincoln center 2009 winter means 2009.1-2, that’s why ruping gave me the 50% discount mail, but I thought it will be 2009.11-12, so I ignored it.
I really like to see shows, musical and performances in NY, it is fantastic.
But sometimes I have to go myself, Mallory encouraged me:
I support you! If you really want to go, do not hesitate.
既然來了,鼓勵你去,只要你想要去。

3 則留言:

Andy Wu 提到...

it's a pity to leave the treasury with nothing, you are there,so just do it!

Unknown 提到...

其實不是要發表什麼意見,
是要來打招呼的啦!
很高興妳有這個部落格,
跟我們分享著妳在北國的生活,
看著妳想到「天與我」這篇話語。
相信妳在那裡一定更能感受到祂。

再聊了…晚安。

素素

Unknown 提到...

很高興看到你,南方的朋友
有空常來北國玩喔