2009/08/04

Mostly Mozart Festival

2009.8.4 Mostly Mozart Festival

One of my favorite place in new york is Lincoln center. Lincoln center for the performing arts has 12 organizations and presents over 5,000 performances by artists from around the world.
I went to Avery Fisher Hall for the Mostly Mozart Festival Orchestra, they gave me a "stage seat", because it is the cheapest seat so I went to the top floor, then the asher told me, your seat is in orchestra, then I went back to first floor, my seat is "on the stage", which is faced the audience and the conductor as part of the orchestra members.
What a different view to the music performance !

I like the french-Canadian Yannick's performance, this is his new york debut. the music are
Stravinsky: Pulcinella (complete ballet music)
Mozart: Piano Concerto No.20 in D minor K.466
Mendelssohn: Symphony No.4 in A major (Italian Symphony)

the music is so colorful and with various feeling on it, happy, sad, angry, merry....
the man next to me told me though it started at 8:00pm, they provide pre-concert recitals at 7:00pm, which is also good and like a special gift to the audience.
The whole night, I was soaked into the beautiful melody of the maestros' piece of works.
What a wonderful and abundant art city, New york!

沒有留言: